Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Croteau Media and Ideology

Connections and Hyperlinks
After reading this article "Media and Ideology" it definitely made me feel like I could relate it to past articles that we read and discussed.  For example it reminded me of the article "What Little Boys Are Made Of" because that article talks about society and the influences things have on boys today. Such as toys and what we teach and expect boys to grow up and be like. 
Another article that I thought about was "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" because this article talked about how mothers are teaching their little girls at a young age to love the color pink, want to be like a princess, and become a housewives based on the toy selection in stores.
These videos posted above are 3 TV shows on MTV that influence teenagers and anyone that watches them.  The shows are 16 and pregnant, teen mom along with teen mom 2, and Jersey Shore, I know Jersey Shore doesn't portray that good of a message. Instead it basically portrays people getting paid to party, drink, and have sex. So teenagers who watch this get the idea that this is okay and they should go along with it.

3 comments:

  1. omg don't even get me started on teens getting pregnant like its the cools thing before getting your driver license...just check out how i went off on my own blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you posted the videos of the shows that people watch everyday. Not many people realize that they influence they people who watch them. A lot of young kids watch these shows too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how television portrays ever thing and glamorizes the downfall of society.

    ReplyDelete