Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Economic Justice as a Feminist Issue

While exploring http://www.pbs.org/peoplelikeus/ and http://cwcs.ysu.edu/  I decided to test out a few games on the People Like Us website. One game stuck out to me in particular which was Chintz or Shag this game had you decorate your dream living room that you would love to have one day, then after you finished it told you what class you would be in. I thought it was interesting that the game could classify you based on a living room but then I started thinking about it and now a days we can be judged on so many things no longer just personality and job position. We usually just assume that if a person has all high end name brand quality furniture then they must have a great job and therefor must be in upper class field, but that's not always the case. It shouldn't matter what class you are in or how much stuff you have, people should be judge based on there personality and should be grateful for what they have in there lives.

On the second website Center for Working Class Studies I found it was interesting how right on the front page it said "Wage Theft Resources and Where To Go For Help". I wasn't sure what this meant until I read the caption underneath about how because the economy has took a turn for the worst employers are starting to cut back on employees pay. I find this absolutely horrible how employers would be so cruel as to take advantage during tough times on people who are just trying to make a living to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families.

Above I have posted a video about women's feminist solutions and what they think can help put an end to the struggles that as women we tend to face. 
I also found this video to be interesting it talks about  how much women make compared to men price wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment